
Just Thought You'd Like to Know...
Well family and friends, not that anyone ever checks this blog, but if you do then you would know that Chris, the baby and I are all moving up into the wine country. Yep-we're moving to Napa, CA. It was a whim, really. A fluke, to tell you the truth. I applied for a job on-line, and never thought I'd get a response. Four weeks later our whole life changed. I got called for an interview on Monday the 23rd , and did a phone interview on Thursday the 26th. Was offered the job later that Thursday and we drove up on Friday the 27th. I met with the principal on Saturday and he gave me a tour of the school and an overview of my potential duties. I accepted the job before I knew what the starting date was. I begin August 15th. We are leaving August 1st. So....we have four weeks to pack, find a suitable renter for the condo, find a place to live in Napa, and move. Oh yeah, and I'm working summer school, too. Well, have you ever known us to do anything crazy like this? Crazy, yes, but not like this and not this quickly. We are going to miss everyone terribly, but we are working off of regret not home sickness. If I didn't take the job, and we didn't move I would forever wonder how our lives might have been different. I prefer to make mistakes, than have regrets. This story is not over. It is only part one of a long series, so stay tuned.
11 comments:
Congrats on the job,
Jacob and I just moved up to Vegas on 3 weeks notice so it can be done!
Keep us posted.
Yes, we read your blog!
Congratualations! Change is always fun. Napa may just be exactly what your family needs. Then again if it is not, you can always go back.
Good luck with the move!
Wow! Now who's going to run the ward website????
We will miss you, but know you'll be back to visit family! What an adventure!!! Good luck to you! Much fun! Are you in the Oakland temple district? Awesome temple!!!
Yeah for new adventures! We will see you soon because I plan on winning the hgtv "dream House" and its in Napa. Well, even if we don't win it'll be a super fun place to come visit you.
Yes! You may all visit! We would love you to come, and we will house you for free in exchange for food or babysitting. Please, do not hesitate to do a road trip and drop by. We hope to have a room ready for all weary travelers.
Congrats on the new job!
I concur with your attitude regarding no regrets.
My feeling has always been, I am not afraid to fail, but I never want to look back and say, "what would have happened if..."
Chris knows that one of my favorite quotes was written by John Shedd from his work in ~Salt from my Attic~. He said, "A ship in harbor is safe -- but that is not what ships are built for". ...Remember the project you helped me with for my graphic design class Chris?!
Anyway, I am really excited for you guys. I know things will work out as long as you work together and stay close to the Lord.
...I also wanted to give a shout out to the birthday boy. Man Chris, you sure are getting old dude. I'm glad that I am so much younger than you - lol.
Although it is hard to keep in contact as much as I'd like, you and your family are in my thoughts often.
Wow, congratulations guys! What a hectic, fun summer for you. Very exciting. Hope the move & all goes very smooth. Keep us updated! And happy birthday Chris!
That's exciting news! Congrats on the job.
Hey, way to go on the move!! This is just a warm up for the move to AZ right?! lol
I'm sure it will be quite the adventure and you will LOVE it!
Oh, and about Lenore, you know that the terrible two's is the second year of life don't you? The year between one and two~~~so chin up, you've cleared the 1/2 way mark! lol
xo
Yay! Congrats! So will you be teaching or admin? It sound like a cool place to go...you'll all be fine!
Dad and I want you to be happy. Granted we are very sad that you will be far away. We are realizing that we are getting old and our children are all leaving. I do wish we could find a place that is quiet and restful so that all the family could be near by. Hey, how about Hawaii? Just a thought-they do need teachers there too.
Love you,
Mom
Post a Comment