A Month of Visitors

<==== Click the Photo Nana

Well...September was quite a month of visitors. We had a great time. Too bad we still had life going on amongst all of it, but we learned some very important things. Probably the most important thing that we realized is that Lenore is crazy. Maybe it was all the visitors and all of the changes in schedules but we are nearly ready to sell her on Ebay! Towards the end of our visitors marathon , Jeff, Amy and Porter visited from Oregon. And we can honestly say that Lenore cried at least 5 times a day over silly, and unnoticeable things. And since they've left Lenore has decided to continue crying. She clings, wants to be carried, and wails at the slightest sign that things aren't going her way, not to mention the hating Daddy syndrome. Today we went for a hike, and she cried for 25 minutes down the mountain and all the way home because we wouldn't let her walk holding both her sippy cup and snack carrier. We tried calming her down, but this only increased the volume. So...we love our little silly goose. She can be funny, and smart and amazing, but lately she just seems to be a crying, whiny, pain. Was it the visitors, or is this the beginning of a terrible phase that will end sometime in her mid-twenties? I suppose we have yet to see.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys are too stinkin'funny!

Unknown said...

Cute baby too!

Kristine said...

Love it! Reasoning with them gets easier but the decible level has yet to go down in our house. And I'm not above bribery. I carry those Dum Dum lolly pops everywhere I go. Sure their teeth may suffer but they're just baby teeth anyway right? ;-)

Chris said...

oh yeah. they are just baby teeth.

sarataxi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sarataxi said...

I think it's a phase. Effie has been overly whiney these days and can be hard to sooth. But good luck. Just try to keep a bag of distraction goodies on hand so you can pull em out in case of emergencies. Like baby tootsie pops, chap sticks, slurpees, or eye shadow. These things tend to make Effie feel better at any time.

Katz said...

It's the age. From where I'm at... it doesn't get better. Sorry.

Gene said...

You may want to check out this podcast episode i listened to recently. I do not currently do things like this doctor says to do, but it makes sense and may just work.

http://www.parentseverywhere.com/listen/realparenting/

Its the 2nd episode called dealing with temper tantrums or something like that.

Good luck, and wish me luck

Nana and Grandpa Neilson said...

lolololol, aahhhh....the joys of grandparenting! I get to sit back and watch the show! Brings back lots of fond memories....
I have 2 words for you.........ear plugs!
We had 5 kids under the age of 8, a 1000 square foot home, and hardwood floors! The noise and yelling echoed everywhere! Biggest reason to have a backyard!!! Rain or shine when it got too bad, I pushed them out and locked the door!
Brace yourself for the long haul. Oh! and don't forget to find "joy in the journey" lololol!
xo

Veronica said...

My mom says when I was tiny I would cry over a can of peas at the grocery store until she would finally buy them...I still cry for peas j/k. Good luck, I guess that's where I am headed in a couple of years.