I Love It When A Plan Come Together


So, the day is almost near and we are very weary of waiting, but feel a little rushed to get all our stuff done. Okay, here is a brief checklist.
      • Find a renter for our condo -Check!
      • Find a place to live in Napa- Check!
      • Try to make everyone happy- No Check???
What it comes down to is that not everyone is going to be happy about our little adventure. Some family and friends will never be happy with us unless we are dragged along by a chain hooked to a collar. We do not like making people sad. Please believe me when I say this. But we also realize that it is not us as much as our daughter that they are going to miss. We will miss them, too. I am scared most of all. I am especially worried about Sundays. Sundays are visiting days when we visit with our family. Granted, most of my family lives far away, but my parents, and sister Tina's family still come by each Sunday. I know that I will probably cry, as I have been on a weekly basis since we decided to move, but that will make visiting with them just that much more appreciated.

And just for clarification, moving was actually my idea. It may not sound like it with the crying jags, but I was the one offered the job and I was the one that accepted it. I was neither talked into or cohersed by my spouse. I am just ready for a quieter life. I don't want to spend everyday fight with people on the road, or with noise and too many lights. I want to write again, and maybe put that scrapbook together of my wedding day that I've been meaning to do. I just want a little bit more quality in my life, and I am hoping that moving to a smaller place, where there are less distractions will help me to accomplish this. I suppose we'll see. I don't know. Perhaps it will be all the same. I'm just trying to do what is best for me, Chris and especially for Lenore, Zeke, Chulula and all of our other children that will come to us in the future.

12 comments:

Chris said...

I'll miss getting out of my car at the walmart parking lot and stepping on a burrito.

Sandy Plummer said...

We will miss you! We are envious of your move. Eventually we will also leave this crazy place, but for the meantime our calling is here. We wish you all the best and on one of our travels, we may end up on your doorstep...just for fun!! and Jelly Bellys!!!!
Sandy & Ed Hey Chris! Call Ed! You haven't been released yet!!!!

Jeff and Amy said...

I am not upset at you guys...but of course you knew I would say that because now you guys will be a little bit closer. I have always wanted to visit Napa and now I have a reason to. We are kind of bummed though that you will be leaving a week before we get there to visit. Be true to your school...K.I.T....have a great summer...Can you believe we're gonna be 8th graders next year? Bye~

Vicky said...

Yes! Jelly Belly! We are about 20 min. from the Jelly Belly factory that has awesome tours and delicious belly flops. Please come one, come all! We have 3 bedrooms just for the weary travelers.

Anonymous said...

I totally feel you on the whole leaving your family thing- atleast we have one set of grandparents near by. You can always move back if things aren't working out. Ultimately it is a decision that you and Chris have to make for what is best for you, but you know that. On a funny note, Sally and Ray came by to visit and Sally said "did you know that Chris and Vicky are moving to Nampa? That is just one city over from us, I am so excited!" At which point both Ray and I explained it was Napa, CA, not Nampa, ID,... she was pretty disappointed.

Palmyra said...

Chulula? I guess if the kid comes out as cute as the first one it won't matter what her name is. Or is it a boy's name..? ;)

Laura Thompson said...

I went through all of the same emotions when we were leaving. I feel you. But you know the only people that really matter are us and we are happy you are moving! ;)

Anonymous said...

even though we hear of the jensens we dont get to see the jensens / taking steps forward is the best thing and one can propose but god will always dispose / congrats / will read about you often and include the jensens in my circle of life / go gal go / take care of everyone / will miss ya / we had spaghetti and lasagna / was worth the 120 mile drive and the 50 minute wait

Anonymous said...

go for it kids.. you guys have balls!! i wish we could just get up and figure it out elsewhere tooo!!!
but se la vie... i'll just live excitement though you!

Anonymous said...

btw
my blog is http://sarathesub.blogspot.com
hook up a link ok?
it was fun shakin with you at the park. i'm gonna miss you.

Maly and Dan said...

I can't believe you guys are gone! I'm sad. Good luck you guys. You will be missed. Please keep in touch!

Katz said...

i totally understand. we're all the way on the east coast now. when we first moved away from utah, todd's mom freaked. she tried to guilt trip us into staying. you guys are doing what you need to do.