What's Up!?

It's June 25th (now) and I am 35 weeks and 1 day pregnant with a twin boy and girl. I should be asleep, but I am so dang hot, and uncomfortable that I am waiting for sleep to take me by force so that I can overcome all these minor issues and just rest.

For those that are wondering how I am doing- do you want the honest answer or the positive answer? Who cares- let's just be honest. I'm terrible. I used to think I was so tough but these babies have really humbled me. I can hardly walk, stand, turn over, sit...it's rediculous. I have Braxton-Hicks contractions all the time and have been having them pretty frequently since my 26th week. I've been admitted to the hospital twice for having them too regularly. Those shots that make the contractions go away are no picnic. They really sting. But- one thing that I am ultra and super grateful for and why I feel like a big whiner for even complaining a little is that the babies are healthy and doing great. They measure just over 5ibs. and are both head down and face down- so instead of having the scheduled c-section, we are going to try for a "natural" delivery. Of course drugs will be involved;I am not trying to win a medals of honor. I have had no problems with my blood pressure, no gestational diabetes, no medical complications at all- other than extreme discomfort.

I am hoping to deliver early. The only reason why is because I am totally selfish. Perhaps it's better for them to cook a little longer, but hey- I was a month early and turned out OK. I think they will be fine. I'm not taking any herbal supplements to induce labor, or anything- just praying a lot. I know that life will be challenging once they come out, but at least I can feel human again. I can't pick things up off the floor, wash the dishes standing up, play with my daughter, sleep, and (this might be too much info) it's getting tough to wipe after I go to the bathroom! Chris said he would clean me, but seriously...how degrading is that?!

Anyhow- we are all fine. We are also moving to Reno, NV so that Chris can attend school there. Of course, since he majored in Art, naturally he'll be studying Molecular Biology. He's so excited and worried, and I am just excited for him. I've really seen a difference in his attitude towards school and learning since he decided to focus on science. He recently took an Anatomy course (got an A-surely) and what a difference from when he was in school for Art. I am really happy and excited for him. Of course, we are sad to leave our friends and family, but he was unable to find an affordable school that would accept him in So Cal. Apparently, cal states and UC's don't like you to change your mind about what you want to do with your life. he was denied application because he already had a degree. Oh yeah- BYU denied him as well based upon the same reasoning. So...we were left with ASU, U of U and UNR. The later gave him the best deal and so we decided to go there. Cost of living is great and the weather is neither as hot as AZ or as cold as UT.

We will miss our families but are secure in our belief that this is what is best for our little (well not that little soon) family. Napa was such a great learning experience, and it seems that it was the stepping stone in preparation for our move to another place and lesser means. We have already been blessed with so much. I took an early maternity leave because I just couldn't hang anymore at work, and the same week I decided to leave, Chris got a call from his old job that they needed him to fill-in full-time for a month! I also bought disability insurance that is going to cover some of our expenses. We recently visited Reno to find a place to live. Well- we were too early to apply for any places in August, but we ended our visit at a place for low-income tenants. The manager was so nice, and as she asked us questions about our financial situation (you can't make too much or too little) she said that she needed varifiable income. I told her we didn't have any. We were going to be living on loans. She said that that was good enough, but what about me. I told her that I was a teacher, but that I couldn't find work in Reno. She said that I could still apply for unemployment benefits and that it would count as verifiable income. I couldn't believe it because we were from out of state. She then offered a story about her own husband needing to quit his job so that they could move- and said it was very possible to get benefits. I contacted Unemployment and they said that it was true and that if I qualified for benefits that I could just change my address and get my benefits sent to Reno. Awesome! So we'll see if that little miracle happens as well.

As far as blessings go- we are more, and have been more than covered. Sorry no pics, but I will have Chris post some soon. He's the one with the camera and I'm not sure how to access. So, we are happy and healthy and eagerly waiting the removal...I mean the coming of these two little babies. Don't ask us what we are naming them- we still don't know.

1 comment:

Chris said...

You're doing a hell of a job carrying that mess of babies.