So... there have a several things that are totally, and completely uncertain- at least for us. There are many decisions that Chris and I need to make, and many things that we won't be certain that will pan out until we actually get to the point where we will either be sinking or swimming. However- we started looking forward to finding out the sexes of our two little babies that are nestling, not so quietly, inside of my expanding body.
The day of our finding out finally came at the butt end of a terrible week for Chris and I. Of course you can read about mine below, but Chris had three major tests and not much time to study. Lenore, by three year-old standards, even had a little bit of a tough week. Anyhow, Friday rolls around and I leave work lickity-splitz! I scoop up Daddy and the wee- bar'n and we drop her off with my sister and merrily head to the doctor's office. I- like a good girl- follow doctor's orders and arrive with a full, 32 oz. bladder. I check in and then I sit, and wait, and wait, and wait. I wait until I think I might really pee my pants as I patiently watch every person who came before and after me empty the waiting room area. Finally- it's my turn.
Chris and I happily get up and then they say "Sorry, but you wait out here until later. Okay?!" I was irritated because he got to go in when we were pregnant with Lenore and he got to watch the whole ultra sound. Whatever. I go in and then let her put the warm goo all over my stomach and then I stair at a wall for about an hour. Yeah- twins do take longer, so I was told. Then I go call in Chris and that's when we finally get to have some questions answered, and at least plan for one thing. The ultra-sound tech took us briefly through some of the major stuff- heartbeat, head, spine and then begins to show us the babies "junks". We look at baby A and she says "You see this? This little thing sticking out? I think this one is a boy." Okay? Then we scan the second baby. "Okay. So you see this little area? " ...as she hovers quickly around some grainy darkness..."See? Nothing there. I think this one is a girl. Of course- not 100%, okay? Can't be totally sure, okay? But that's just what I think." Uggh.
So- yet another thing not to be sure about. This is getting annoying. I am actually considering going to one of the weirdo 3-D places just so that we can know something for sure.
Sorry- the only thing that we can tell everyone for sure is that we "think" we are having a boy and a girl. Just not sure. That would make three Jensen boy's with two girls and one boy each. Stranger things have happened.
3 comments:
Our person knew at 13 weeks. This is just another sign that you need to get the hell out of dodge. (Dodge being SoCal). Did the person doing your ultrasound speak english because every time you quoted her/him it was done with broken english.
Very astute observation. Yes- they spoke English but it was heavily accented. SHe was probably right, but the untrained eye really relies on the ability of the sonographer. She really didn't give us any ease. Yeah- And I am in my 20th week!
lol--at first I was thinking "Why is Vicky saying 'ok' so much?" But then I saw the quotation marks. :) That would be really cool if you had one of each. I went to a 3D place and it's pretty cool and kind of freaky at the same time. You should go. (This is Laura by the way)
Post a Comment