A Fine Family Portrait


Here is a rare family photo. Better than Olin Mills methinks! Does she resemble either of us yet? There is still no consensus. Most people claim she is Vicky all the way. On occasion she is me.
I have jokingly been concerned since we went to the artificial insemination clinic. The nurse who performed it was a short, rotund, fire red-head. To me she seemed too casual and quirky in her attitude toward her work. Humming songs and such. I did get the chance to see the "genetic cells" under the microscope, but any coolness of that was wiped away when the nurse said: "you wanna see your little guys?"
The insemination is not quite as loving as the traditional method. All i did was sit around. After the procedure the nurse began to work on other dudes specimens. Thats when i noticed that those things could get mixed up easily if she were in an especially lax mood. Sure they are labeled, but I once baked cookies with salt instead of sugar and those were labeled too.
Suddenly i started to feel a bit queasy. Being that close to other dudes specimens was bothering me for some reason. Luckily we left soon after. In the back of my mind I always wondered, "Did that crazy lady use the right test tube?"
I am not much concerned about the paternity anymore. After all Lenore seems to have my butt chin. But every time someone sayes, "Oh, she is 100% Vicky," I wonder...
One of my buddies when he learned that we were pregnant, congratulated me like I was a real man. I responded by saying that my contribution was minimal. He came back declaring that it was I (Chris) who impregnated Vicky. I conceded but in my mind i was thinking, "It was either me or the crazy redheaded nurse who did."

No comments: