New Photos


We had a great family barbecue today. The occasion was my nieces birthday. I bought her a toy horse, plastic airplane and colored pencils. She is becoming quite a nice artist, specializing in equine profiles. Both Gene and i have a real hard time buying her gifts. We simply can't understand the appeal of Barbies and Lil Ponies. Therefore we tend to get her gifts that we think she should like. Gene usually buys her airplane themed toys. These we immediately take to the front yard to play with and within an hour the toy has been busted. My niece usually gets bored before we even finish assembling the toy and scurries off to the pool.
Last year I bought her a Spiderman action figure that stands about 10 inches tall and has over 60 points of articulation. You can basically pose it in any position. Its maybe the coolest toy I could think of. I was a bit heartbroken when she didn't respond to it the way I wanted her to. I hoped it would grow on her. Many months later, I asked her how she liked it and she said that she hadn't even played with it once. I told myself I wasn't going to get her any more gifts. I got over it before her next birthday, today.
Looking back, I have a real knack for getting people gifts that they could never want. Here is a list:
  • A collection of Communist China propaganda posters for my wife.
  • A trip to shoot model rockets with my niece.
  • Water color supplies for my Mom.
  • A bird watching book for my wife.
  • A sleeping bag for my wife for Christmas.
  • Morrowind: Elderscrolls 3 for the XBox for my wife.
There are many more but it is bumming me out to think about it. The point of this post is to notify people that there are new photos posted.

3 comments:

coray said...

What's up Jensen fam?! What a great family outing - I wish we were there with everyone. Was that at your aunt's house in Whittier? I can't tell because the pool looks different and there is a gazebo in the background. Thinking about it made me reminisce about a lot of great times had in your aunt’s pool in the summer growing up. Man, time flies way too fast!
I think this site is an awesome vehicle to touch base with friends and family - particularly those of us who live out of state. I know I am a lousy friend for not keeping in better contact, but I think of you often.
I look forward to keeping up with the Jensen family exploits via this site.

Coray

Chris said...

Thanks for the comment. I agree that there is to much distance and too little communication. Perhaps when you move to Vegas it will be easier.

Kristine said...

Yeah, I think Vicky & I keep in touch more than you guys do!