Just when Lenore started getting pretty darn cute, and I was thinking that I couldn't ask for a better child she began a new phase. She has begun hitting people, especially her mother. She goes right for the face, too. I'm afraid that this little girl is just as defiant as she is congenial. People always comment on how friendly and smart she is, but ask her to do something she doesn't want to do and you might as well be talking to chair. She goes right on doing whatever she wants to do. Try to stop her by force, and the water works, screams and now hits come out in full force. I know she is only 16 months, but I get so upset with her. Oh yeah! And she also throws food like crazy from her table. We are trying to modify her behavior, but she just looks at us sternly and does it anyway. Uggh! So all you folks that thought she was perfect, think again! I guess she's not as bad as she could be, and for that I am thankful. But if she is this bad now, we will both need psychotropic meds once she gets to be a teenager just to keep us from rocking ourselves in the corner while drool oozes from our wizened mouths.
Mama's Lil' Hitter
Just when Lenore started getting pretty darn cute, and I was thinking that I couldn't ask for a better child she began a new phase. She has begun hitting people, especially her mother. She goes right for the face, too. I'm afraid that this little girl is just as defiant as she is congenial. People always comment on how friendly and smart she is, but ask her to do something she doesn't want to do and you might as well be talking to chair. She goes right on doing whatever she wants to do. Try to stop her by force, and the water works, screams and now hits come out in full force. I know she is only 16 months, but I get so upset with her. Oh yeah! And she also throws food like crazy from her table. We are trying to modify her behavior, but she just looks at us sternly and does it anyway. Uggh! So all you folks that thought she was perfect, think again! I guess she's not as bad as she could be, and for that I am thankful. But if she is this bad now, we will both need psychotropic meds once she gets to be a teenager just to keep us from rocking ourselves in the corner while drool oozes from our wizened mouths.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I'm already rocking myself in a corner....that is if I can find a quiet corner to myself! What exactly is Lenore wearing in that picture???
I feel your pain. Mackenzie went through a hitting phase... that only seemed to be directed at me. I think it hurt my feelings the most. Luckily, it was short lived!
"Thank your lucky stars you have a chill kid, because for me, it's hell on earth."
Thats Mommys bra she wears so introspectively.
ha ha ha...that's what I thought it was. Too cute.
Ben put mine on his head the other day and walked around saying "Hat".
Oh and he has started to bite...alot.
I think Lenore is just testing your limits. Everyone has their limits right? It just depends on what happens when it all goes past the limits. I suggest a food fight.
I had a friend whose child would throw tantrums. She finally got tired of it and threw a tantrum at the same time her kid did. That stopped the tantrums short in its tracks because she saw how silly it looked. I don't know how you can apply this to your Lenore, but on the flip side, ignoring negative behaviors and emphasizing the positive has always helped me with students and kids. It's a phase, right? I hope?
Post a Comment