Winter Solstice Adventure

Christmas was great this year. It seems that being away from family makes one more appreciative of the times you see them. Vicky and Lenore spent 2 weeks down south. I came up for a few days after Rochelle's wedding to take a final exam. Once that was finished I straightaway drove out to meet Vicky and Lenore in Las Vegas where we had plans to visit Coray and his family. Unbeknown to me, there was a grand snowstorm between myself and Vegas. This turned my 8.5 hour drive into a 24 hour drive. 5 of those were spend sleeping on the road waiting for them to open. Vicky periodically would call and express her pity for my situation. Totally unnecessary. I loved it. It was like camping to me. After some work I finally made it to Barstow. I drove from Barstow to Baker without having seen a single other car. It was the best traffic conditions I've ever experienced on that strech of I15. And the scenery was magnifique driving along Death Valley. It was great seeing everyone after that. Coray and Kristine, Tio Tato, and The Whittierites. And the best Christmas gift of all: Gene and I finally finished Halo 2. It took us about 4 years but we finally did it. And when it was over we both jumped in the air pumping our fists to the sky and shouted "We did it! We're number 1!"

Click the image to the left to see some of our December experiences.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wha? You came to Vegas and didn't say hi?! I'm totally offended now!

Wasn't the snow crazy? Pretty though.
Glad you had a good time!

Chris said...

Dude-totally forgot you lived in Vegas. Next time.

Kristine said...

Yeah, the snow was a trip. Sorry you got caught in it but it was nice to see you guys. Love the pictures! You always have me cracking up with the captions.

Maly and Dan said...

It was fun seeing you guys again! Thanks for making us miss you more! Your little girl is super cute! Thanks so much for thinking of us and giving us those delicious treats. We finished it yes all of it. My thighs and stomach grew. I need to go back to the gym and stay there two hours now instead of one. No problems the treats were worth it though.
Happy New Years!

coray said...

It was great to see your family. Thank you Vicky for watching the girls for us - I know it isn't easy watching three at a time. Also, we appreciated the El Pollo Loco meal. I haven't had the crazy chicken for a long time, and Kristine and I have both been craving more ever since!

Chris it was good to "bro-down" with you once again. It is so funny, but even if I haven't seen you for years, it always seems like "just yesterday" when we meet up again. You guys are truly family.

Laura Thompson said...

One of my favorite things about you is your easy going attitude. And yes, finishing Halo 2 definitely makes you number 1.