It's a Gibbon- not a Monkey


First impressions are almost always wrong. To the left here is a picture of a Gibbon female with her baby. A Gibbon is an Ape, not a monkey (as I was told) but at first glance, it may seem that they are, in fact, a monkey. They are quite small and swing very liberally from branch to branch. My family and I had the opportunity to visit a Gibbon conservatory that is located somewhere near Magic Mountain.

My first impression of these creatures was very...well...I didn't care. But as I was there longer I realized that I became quite entranced and even tranquil by their long movements and freedom.

When we finally left I kept thinking that I had actually enjoyed myself more than I realized I would. Which brings me to my current point that first impressions are almost always wrong. Most of the time the situation or person is better, and sometimes it's worse- either way the impression was wrong.

I am left to think about our current life and situation. It's actually not that bad. I am still quite happy. But if I told someone that we were living with my parents, that Chris was having a tough time with work and an even tougher time getting back into college, and that we still seem to be unable to procreate without medical assistance- it might seem that we are down in the dumps. However, I feel surprisingly at ease. I am very, very lucky. I only hope that Chris reads this, and for once, believes me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I truly believe that happiness is a choice we make despite all the stuff going on in our lives.

Sara said...

Rock on Girlfriend. You da bomb. You beez luckies tooz - cuz you is the Vicksta - and nothin can stopz yaz!!!!!

Laura Thompson said...

Ditto.