"Hijole!"



Well- we've been mulling over whether to do this or not because we are very cautious people. We also seem to have average to below average luck so we don't like to test the fates. But we figured it's time to let the truth out. We are (I am really, not Chris) pregnant.

Of course, as many of our friends and family know, we are unable to have kids on our own and so we use modern medicine. When we try to conceive, it's very romantic. Just me, Chris and the nurse in a florescent lit santized hospital room. I get heart palpitations just thinking of it.

Anyhow...infertility worked with Lenore (eventually) and we had been trying for a year again when I was finally granted the insurance possibility to begin infertility treatment once more. I was sure that it would take several months, but we got lucky our first time. In fact it is my belief that God grew tired of us messing with his system, and hearing our (my) complaints and so instead of granting us one other child, He has "blessed" us with two. Yup- it's twins.

Of course, anyone in their right mind would feel more pity for us rather than happiness, but we understand that this is a blessing and are grateful. I am especially grateful to not ever have to go through shots, hormones and the worry of "will this time be the time?".

It's still pretty early, about 3 months, so anything can happen but so far everyone looks happy and healthy so we thought we'd take our chances. Plus I look about as big as I did at 5 months and I am too vain to have anyone thinking that I am getting this fat of my own will.

We hope all are well and happy in this early part of the New Year. The only thing, apparently, that you can ever really count on is unsuspecting change.

10 comments:

abshire said...

Congratulations! When I was about 7 weeks pregnant with Zack, it looked like I was miscarrying so they did an ultrasound and said it was twins. We were thrilled. Three weeks later, my doctor checked and said he didn't see twins or any evidence there had been. Such a let down. Good luck with the challenges and excitement!

me said...

vickie/chris: yea for you both / i know someone who also had a doctors help / perhaps the kids turn out more fun / hmmm / i am sure lenore will be the great bigger sister for two more cute jensens / yea !!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations guys! I'm excited for you!
2 sets of twins in 2 years! WOW... what a lucky grandma too!
We hope you stay feeling good!

Sandy Plummer said...

Your mom told us the Sunday after Christmas and with as much as I wanted to chuckle deeply at you these last few weeks, I've held in until I knew you were telling people. I laughed so hard when your mom told me. I can hardly wait to hear of the escapades Lenore plus two will bring!!! Especially after your facebook comment after last Sunday. We are so excited for you and can't wait to watch you bloom!!!

sarataxi said...

Yeah - as me said - I'm a product of the same science - and just look at me. You have every right to be scared.

I'm so so happy for you. Let me know what I can do to help, and I'll bring you guys soup, dinner, some bbq, or even take Lenore from you if you'll let me!

Congrats you lucky people you!

Evette Dutton said...

WOW!! I'm so excited for you. I'm in the crazy minority but I've always wanted twins. I still dream about it and I'm so jealous. Although I'm sure the pregnancy is nothing to envy so good luck. Maybe we'll come see you this summer. When are you due?

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

Congrats! Good luck and take it easy!

Palmyra said...

Congratulations guys!! I was thinking the other day, how for some reason some of the most important women in the bible had a hard time conceiving (think, Sarah, Rebecca, Rachel, Elizabeth, and Hannah). However, they gave birth to some of the most important characters in history.I believe many times couples who have a hard time conceiving appreciate the miracle of life a lot more than the rest of us. You truly are blessed and our prayers are with you. :)

Maly and Dan said...

so thrilled and excited for the family! can't wait to see two cuties! love you guys!

Nazar said...

This is wonderful news! Congrats you guys!